Taco Breakfast Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet low carb taco seasoning
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup gluten free Mexican blend cheese divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons sliced green olives
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the ground beef in an oven-proof skillet over medium high heat until the meat is completely browed. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning until well combined. Remove half of the meat mixture from the skillet and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, one cup of the shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat in the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top with remaining meat and cheese.
- Add the sour cream in the center, and sprinkle the tomatoes, green onions, olives and cilantro over the top before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 367mgSodium: 764mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g