Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Skillet
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken seasoning with salt and pepper to the skillet and sear on both sides until the internal temperature reaches 165. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter.
- Saute the asparagus seasoned with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Remove and set aside.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the basil, chicken broth and heavy whipping cream, lemon juice as well as more salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chicken and asparagus back to the skillet, spooning the sauce over the chicken before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 228mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 58g