Creamy Sage Chicken and Spinach Skillet
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breasts cut into pieces
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried sage flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups fresh raw spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste, and add to the heated skillet.
- Saute the chicken until cooked through, and then remove and set aside to keep warm.
- Place the butter into the skillet over medium heat, and saute the onions until they start to become tender.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and saute another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the cooking wine, and saute until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream and simmer until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach to the skillet, cover it with a lid and cook until wilted.
- Place the chicken back into the skillet, and stir to combine the ingredients well before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 56g