- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 2 packed cups (approx. 4 ounces) fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into several pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/₈ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Let spiralized zucchini sit in a colander to drain for 30 minutes and then pat dry. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread almonds out on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Be careful not to burn them!
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse a few times to get them broken into chunks.
- Add basil, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper into food processor. Blend.
- Adust salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pesto and toss. Stir fry for an additional minute until well blended and hot.
- Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g